CLS will be closed on Thursday, November 26th in observance of Thanksgiving. Morning only services will resume on Friday. Please refer to your STAT or critical care plan if needed.
CLS will be closed on Monday September 7th in observance of the labor day holiday. Regularly scheduled services will resume the following day. Please refer to your STAT or Critical Care service plan if needed.
Topic: SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 Testing Options
In response to CMS guidelines for managing COVID-19 in Nursing Homes, CLS offers COVID-19 testing by PCR and COVID-19 IgG Antibody (serology). As a part of CLS testing services we will provide statistical reporting of positive and negative results relative to your facility(ies). The following tests are available to all residents, staff, staff family members and vendors:
|Test #||Test Name||Specimen Type|
|1581||Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 PCR||VTM Swab|
|1582||Respiratory Path Panel + COVID-19 PCR||(2) VTM Swabs|
|1576||SARS CoV2 Ab (IgG)||Serum|
1145 433 210 400
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
CBC with Diff.
|1 . SST
3. Plasma from Lav-Frozen
4. Plasma from Blue- Frozen
To order COVID-19 testing kits please contact our Supply Department at 770-307-5820.
To set up testing for residents, staff, staff family members, vendors or for further testing information; please contact our Client Services Department or, email COVID19@clinicallaboratoryservices.com.
Please visit https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-online-testing-request and review the documentation included.
- Per GA Dept. of Public Health (as of 3/23/2020): “In order to request COVID-19 testing, please complete a rapid influenza test, and a respiratory viral panel if available, and complete the Patient Under Investigation (PUI) report form at the following link: https://dhpexternal.dph.ga.gov/covid19_test_req.html”
- If you have any questions about COVID-19 you can contact GDPH’s 24/7 Public Health Emergency Line at 1-866-782-4584.
South Carolina (DHEC):
Please visit https://scdhec.gov/health-professionals/south-carolina-health-alert-network-han and review the 6 page DHEC Health Update (dated 03/13/2020) .
Facilities should read this document thoroughly and follow all instructions. Swab plus viral collection/transport medium tube for specimen collection is NOT provided by SC state lab.
- If you have any questions about COVID-19 you can contact the DHEC Control Care Line at 1-855-472-3432 from 08:00am – 06:00pm daily.
- Additional COVID-19 resources provided by the DHEC can be found here: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
North Carolina (NCDHHS):
Please visit https://www.ncdhhs.gov/covid-19-guidance#all-guidance-for-health-care-providers-and-local-health-departments and review the North Carolina State Laboratory Specimen Collection and Shipment Guidance . Follow all instructions in this document.
- If you have general questions about COVID-19 you can contact the NCDHHS at 211 or 1-888-892-1162.
- Additional COVID-19 resources provided by the NCDHHS can be found here: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina
Please visit https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/cedep/novel-coronavirus/LabApprovalNeeded_ncov.pdf and review the document.
- If you have general questions about COVID-19 you can contact the TDH at 1-877-857-2945 from 10:00AM – 10:00PM or 615-741-7247 and ask to speak to someone about COVID-19.
- Additional COVID-19 resources provided by the TDH can be found here: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html
Please visit https://epiweb.adph.state.al.us/redcap/surveys/?s=TATDDJ8Y88 and review/complete the consultation form as necessary. Review the step-by-step instructions for specimen submission here:
- If you have general questions about COVID-19 you can contact the ADPH general information line at (334)-206-5300 from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Additional COVID-19 resources provided by the ADPH can be found here: https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/index.html
CLS will not be providing regularly scheduled services on April 12th, Easter Day. Regularly scheduled services will resume the following day. Please refer to your STAT or Critical Care service plan if needed.
Please see the links below for general advice on COVID-19 from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, and the Georgia Department of Public Health.
CLS will not be providing regularly scheduled services on December 25th, Christmas Day or January 1st, New Year’s Day. Regularly scheduled services will resume the following day. Please refer to your STAT or Critical Care service plan if needed.